Woburn, Massachusetts Car Accident Attorneys
Woburn, Massachusetts has leveraged its location to be a hub for both business and residential development. It sits not only at the intersection of Route 93 and Route 128, but it is also very close to Route 3, another major highway. As a result, in addition to the types of car accidents that happen in communities across the State, Woburn sees a variety of car crashes that are common to a busier town.Truck Accidents
When you combine a business district with a busy commercial area, Woburn is bound to see increased truck traffic. Unfortunately, that often results with an increase in truck accidents. Truck accidents are unique in that when they collide with a personal vehicle, whether it’s a sedan or an SUV, the truck will always win.
In Woburn, Massachusetts, car accidents happen with multiple types of trucks.
- In the business district, there are many local delivery trucks that service the many businesses. This includes vendors supplying food to a restaurant and large retail stores delivering inventory to one of the many shops. These drivers are usually working under stressful deadlines. At the same time, these drivers are familiar with the local area, which sometimes leads to complacency.
- On the Highways, there are many long-haul trucks passing through to deliver items across the country. Whether it’s an 18-wheeler or a smaller truck, these vehicles are not only large, but also traveling at high speeds. When a truck driver loses control and causes a collision, the results are often catastrophic.
It’s no surprise that Highway Accidents are some of the deadliest types of Auto Accidents. Even as cars have become safer over the past few decades, no airbag or seatbelt can remove all the risk of injury. This is especially true at high speeds. Safety mechanisms can only do so much, as the human body was not intended to withstand crashes that exert extreme levels of force.
Naturally, cities and towns with more highways generally see more highway accidents. This is especially true where major highways meet. At these exchanges, traffic weaves in and out as vehicles exit from one highway to another. Collisions happen often.Distracted Driving
Especially in a business district, people often drive distracted. This means that the driver is paying attention to something other than the road ahead. Distracted driving can come in many forms:
- Texting or calling friends and family to coordinate a local meet-up to shop or eat;
- Entering directions into a GPS to get to one of the many stores in Woburn;
- General web browsing to find information about stores hours, sales, or menus.
No matter what the cause of the distraction, a distracted driver is a danger to those on the road. Whether it’s drifting into another lane or not noticing that the light had turned red, many car crashes happen due to distracted driving.Marcotte Law Firm is your Local Lawyer
While generally known as a Lowell Law Firm, Marcotte Law Firm has maintained an office in Woburn for several years. Originally thought of as a convenient office in the Trade Center for access to Middlesex Superior Court next door, our Woburn office has turned out to be a convenient place to meet with clients in Woburn and the surrounding towns. We found that people who are injured in Woburn, Massachusetts car accidents want a local attorney with a local office. When you’re injured, driving into Boston is not easy.
At Marcotte Law Firm, we have decades of experience representing people who are injured in car accidents. Call us at 978-458-1229 for a free, no obligation consultation.