Michael D. Molloy
In his short career, Attorney Molloy has proven himself to be a go-to source for clients and colleagues alike regarding people who are injured through no fault of their own. He has represented hundreds of clients with a wide range of injuries. He represents those who suffer minor sprains and strains and he represents the families of people who lost their lives as a result of the negligence of someone else.
Attorney Molloy’s practice focuses on Personal Injury litigation, which includes Car Accidents, Slip & Fall Accidents, and Workers Compensation claims. He has had success in all these areas achieving six figure recoveries for those who were injured on the job, pedestrians hit by cars, and victims of assault.
In the face of insurance companies who don’t fully recognize what his clients are going through, Attorney Molloy is not afraid to push a claim as far as necessary. For example, when an insurance company refused to offer more than $40,000.00 to a client with a permanent back injury, Attorney Molloy successfully arbitrated the case and his client was awarded $172.000.00. When arbitration is not an option, Attorney Molloy is not afraid of going in front of a jury. He has tried several cases to verdict in both District and Superior Courts.
Attorney Molloy has been recognized by the legal and local communities for his success.
- He has been named a SuperLawyer Rising Star every year since 2015, a distinction given to no more than 2.5% of attorneys across the state under the age of 40.
- In 2015 he was also named an “Up and Coming Lawyer” by Massachusetts Lawyers Weekly.
- He was a recipient of a Distinguished Young Professional award by the Greater Lowell Chamber of Commerce.
- He was also selected to be part of the Massachusetts Bar Association’s inaugural Leadership Academy, from which he graduated in 2017.
Attorney Molloy also volunteers his time to many organizations.
- He currently serves on the Board of Directors for the Greater Lowell Bar Association.
- He has served on the board of the Greater Lowell Chamber of Commerce for many years, which includes being the Chair of the Board during its 2014/15 year.
- He has also served in many ways with the Massachusetts Bar Association. He was elected for many years to the association’s Young Lawyers Division Board of Directors, which culminated in his being the Chair of the Board in 2018/19. He now serves on the Civil Litigation Section Council and has been elected to serve on the MBA’s House of Delegates.
- He is also an active member of the Massachusetts Academy of Trial Attorneys.
Attorney Molloy is a graduate of the College of the Holy Cross, the University of Connecticut School of Law and Boston University School of Law, where he received a Legal Masters Degree in 2012. He is licensed to practice law in the State and Federal Courts of Massachusetts, the State Courts of Connecticut, and the United States Tax Court.
Attorney Molloy is married and has two children. He and his family live in Andover. In what little spare time he has, Attorney Molloy enjoys working on projects around his house. He is also the drummer of a successful cover band that plays functions throughout eastern Massachusetts.
LL.M., Master of Laws, Boston University School of Law, Boston, Massachusetts, 2012
J.D., University of Connecticut School of Law, Hartford, Connecticut, 2010
B.A., College of the Holy Cross, Worcester, Massachusetts, 2007
U.S. District Court District of Massachusetts, 2011
U.S. Tax Court, 2011
American Bar Association
Massachusetts Bar Association
House of Delegates, 2020-present
Civil Litigation Section - 2016 to Present
Young Lawyers Division, Division Board of Directors - 2012 to 2019
Young Lawyers Division, Chair - 2019 to 2020
Young Lawyers Division, Chair-Elect - 2019 to 2020
Young Lawyers Division, Treasurer - 2020 to Present
Young Lawyers Division, Secretary - 2019 to 2020
Leadership Academy Graduate - 2017
Greater Lowell Bar Association
Board of Directors - 2016 to Present
American Association for Justice
Massachusetts Academy of Trial Attorneys
Greater Lowell Chamber of Commerce
Board of Directors - 2012 to Present
Chair - 2014 to 2015
Vice-Chair - 2013 to 2014
- Massachusetts Lawyers Weekly Excellence in the Law “Up & Coming Lawyer” 2015
- Super Lawyers Rising Star, 2015-Present
- Member of The National Trial Lawyers Top 40 Under 40, 2014
- Avvo Rating of 10/10
- "Finance for Lawyers", Massachusetts Bar Association, 2014 to 2014
- “Practicing With Professionalism”, Massachusetts Bar Association, 2015 to 2015