Types of Workers Compensation
If you’re hurt at work, you’re entitled to Workers’ Compensation. That much is clear. But many people aren’t aware of what kind of benefits are available. Even attorneys are sometimes unaware of the many specific benefits that can affect how much you receive in a weekly benefit. That’s why it’s important to find an attorney who has seent it all before and knows what additional benefits are available. At Marcotte Law Firm, our Workers Compensation attorneys have decades of experience representing injured workers.
Some of the most common types of Workers Compensation available include:
- Death Benefits: benefits available to the spouse and children of a worker who dies on the job.
- Permanent and Total Disability: benefits available to a worker who is permanently injured and will never be able to work again.
- Temporary Total Disability: benefits available to a worker who is unable to work, but will recover and be able to work again.
- Temporary Partial Disability: benefits available to a worker who can do some work, but not his/her previous job. This is often described as light-duty work.
- Medical Benefits: workers who need to see doctors will have their medical bills paid.
- Permanent Loss of Function, Scarring & Disfigurement Benefits: benefits available to a worker who has a scar or permanent limitations because of a work
- Vocational Rehabilitation: A worker is entitled to job training if hurt on the job and unable to go back to previous work.
When you look at the types of benefits available and what they’re supposed to cover, some people wonder why a Workers Compensation Lawyer is necessary. These benefits are straightforward, and until you see what an insurance company is capable of, you won’t believe the kinds of benefits they’ll refuse to pay.
Insurance companies make money when they don’t pay claims. The less they pay you, the more they keep for themselves. That’s the simple way to explain why the insurance company has denied your case. Even if they don’t deny your case outright, insurance companies will still shortchange you. They’ll find a doctor who says you can work. They’ll find someone who says you don’t need any more physical therapy.
Having an experienced Lowell Workers Compensation Lawyer can help you get the benefits you deserve. An experienced Workers Compensation attorney will know how to get you the benefits you deserve as quickly as possible.
Whether it’s a simple call to the doctors office to get an approval for treatment or filing a claim at the Department of Industrial Accidents, the Workers Compensation lawyers at Marcotte Law Firm know how to get things done. Our attorneys try to work as efficiently as possible because we know that the faster we can get results, the sooner you can see the doctor. We know that the fastest way to get you a check to get food on your table is to convince the insurance company to voluntarily pay you.
You need an attorney that understands that you depend on your check every week to provide for your family.Whether it’s a broken back that will prevent you from working again or a twisted ankle that needs a couple weeks to heal, the Lowell Workers Compensation lawyers at Marcotte Law Firm know how to get you the benefits you deserve as quickly as possible.
If you’ve been hurt at work and you’re trying to navigate the complexities of the Workers Compensation system, call the Lowell Workers Compensation lawyers at Marcotte Law Firm for a free consultation.