Experienced · Tenacious · Compassionate
Understanding Workers’ Compensation Benefits
Workers’ compensation is a benefit that is typically available to all employees who suffer an injury at work. While your employer is required to pay out these benefits, they may not always be giving you the full amount you are due. When this occurs, it is important that you have an experienced attorney at your side to help you navigate this complex process.
Are You Eligible?
At Marcotte Law Firm, our lawyers have more than 150 years of combined experience helping individuals who have been hurt at work. We work with people who have been injured at a variety of workplaces, with an emphasis in construction accidents. These injuries can occur due to:
- Falls from heights
- Cargo accidents while loading or unloading
- Heavy equipment accidents
- Third-party claims against a negligent manufacturer
What Kinds Of Injuries Are Covered?
Workplace injuries as they pertain to construction sites are often serious, if not deadly. Fortunately, workers’ compensation benefits cover a wide range of injuries. These include:
- Head, neck and spine injuries
- Severe burns
- Rotator cuff injuries
- Broken bones
- Knee injuries
- Brain and head injuries
- Carpal tunnel/repetitive trauma injuries
- Hearing problems, including ringing in the ears
- Work-related emotional problems
- Work-induced heart attack or stroke
- Occupational diseases such as asbestosis and dermatitis; disfigurement and scarring of face, neck or hands
- Asthma or other work-related pulmonary conditions
- Loss of use of limbs
- Eye injuries
Workers’ compensation cases are often quite complex. We are committed to explaining your rights and giving you the information you need to make educated decisions about your case.
Discuss Your Workplace Accident With A Lawyer
These claims are often complex and time-sensitive, so you need to contact an attorney as soon as possible. To discuss the circumstances of your on-the-job accident, call us at 978-905-8699 or reach us by email. We offer free initial consultations.