Experienced · Tenacious · Compassionate

Was Your Fall Injury Caused By Snow Or Ice?

Massachusetts recently changed the law concerning an owner’s responsibility for their property. Owners must provide safe access to their property to all individuals who enter. If you suffer a trip-and-fall or slip-and-fall injury caused by snow or ice on the property of someone who has not taken reasonable steps to maintain it, the owner can be held responsible for your injuries.

At Marcotte Law Firm, our dedicated legal team works for individuals who have suffered severe injuries, including broken bones such as broken hips or ankles, head trauma or tailbone injuries, in falls at private residences, as well as on commercial properties. We strive to determine liability so we can help you obtain financial compensation to help you recover.

Contact our lawyers today for your free consultation at our Lowell or Woburn office.

The Location Of Your Fall Determines Your Legal Remedy

If you have been injured due to snow or ice build-up or defects on a commercial property, such as a supermarket, you are able to pursue a
personal injury claim against the owner of the property. This is based on the idea that the commercial property owner is inviting you into the property. If the owner invites you somewhere that is unsafe, he or she should be held responsible for your injuries.

The same premise is true for falls caused by snow or ice or defects on residential properties. The homeowner or landlord is required to take reasonable steps for the safety of guests.

Recovery Depends Greatly On The Extent Of Your Injuries

If you or a family member has been injured in a slip-and-fall accident caused by ice or snow or any other defect, you need to seek competent medical care immediately. You need treatment until your doctor determines you have recovered fully or you have recovered as much as you are going to recover. The reason for this is simple: You need to have your doctor treat your injuries before you can pursue a comprehensive claim for your losses.

You also need to seek competent legal care. Your need your lawyer to preserve evidence to investigate your case and to comply with certain notice requirements so that your right to bring a claim and your ability to bring a claim in the future is preserved.

We will help you seek recovery for your losses, including:

  • Lost wages
  • Past medical bills
  • Compensation for continuing treatment
  • Pain and suffering
  • Disruption of your lifestyle
  • Disruption in your relationship with your spouse or children
  • Any other potential losses

Reach Out To Us For A Free Consultation

Contact our attorneys today to schedule your free initial consultation. You can reach us online or at 978-905-8699.