Having to go to the hospital or seek medical treatment can be frightening on its own. But when an injury, misdiagnosis or medical error occurs under the eye of a doctor or another medical professional, life can take an unexpected turn.
At Marcotte Law Firm, we help clients in and around the Lowell, Massachusetts, area, who have been injured by medical malpractice. If you or a loved one has sustained injuries due to the negligence of a doctor or medical professional, contact us for a free consultation.Common Errors Made by Medical Professionals
Any number of errors can occur while under the care of a medical professional. At Marcotte Law Firm, our attorneys handle many medical malpractice-related cases, including:
- Failure to diagnose ― When a medical condition is not diagnosed, such as cancer, it can cause symptoms to worsen. Many times, failure to diagnose can cause a condition to progress beyond what can be fixed by medicine.
- Delayed diagnosis ― When a condition isn’t diagnosed on time, it can progress and worsen. Early detection of cancer and other serious diseases can be crucial to successful treatment and patient survival.
- Misdiagnosis ― This is when a condition is wrongly diagnosed as another condition. Certain types of cancer, heart conditions and diabetes are often misdiagnosed.
- Medication errors ― Administration of incorrect medication or medication overdoses are examples of medication errors. Inaccurately combining medications is another dangerous medication error.
- Surgical errors ― These include failure to recognize or respond to surgical complications, leaving foreign objects inside of the body following surgery or accidentally nicking other organs during surgery.
- Birth injuries ― Including brain damage, cerebral palsy and injuries caused by vacuums or forceps, or failure to perform a C-section can also result in birth injuries.
If you or a loved one has been a victim of medical malpractice, it is important to seek legal help as soon as possible. Our attorneys have the experience and knowledge necessary to handle your case in or out of court ― whatever will serve your best interests. If a loved one has suffered a fatal accident due to a medical error, we can help.
One of the toughest parts of being the victim of medical negligence is that it can be difficult, if almost impossible to get answers to the questions you have. Instead of being open and honest about what happened, many doctors and nurses try to conceal what happened so as to avoid the consequences. Then, when injured patients try to get their questions answered, medical professionals often become unavailable.
Even when you go to get a second opinion as to what happened, doctors and nurses are always reluctant to say that the previous physician made a mistake. Whether it’s fear or retribution or solidarity among medical professionals, the simple answer is usually never given, even though it’s the most obvious.Contact Our Office to Get Relief
To schedule a free consultation and discuss the details of your injury with a lawyer, contact us online or call us at (978) 458-1229.