PIP Lost Wages

A recent article discussed how almost 80% of workers in the United States live paycheck to paycheck. This means that things can get tough if you’re in injured in a car accident and can’t work. Luckily, most are eligible for lost wage benefits from their car insurance that can get paid in as little as a few weeks.

When you can’t work because of a car accident, your insurance will pay 75% of your lost wages under Personal Injury Protection benefits. While the most an insurance company will pay is $8,000.00, it’s at least enough to keep you on your feet while you’re dealing with an injury.

One thing to keep in mind is that most insurance companies will require a note from your doctor saying that you can’t work. So, it’s important to discuss any limitations you have with your doctor that will keep you from working.

Another thing to keep in mind is that if you’re able to use sick or vacation time while you’re out of work, you can’t also get paid from your car insurance. But, if your company allows it, your insurance company will “buy back” your vacation, so you’re able to use it for an actual vacation.

As with any legal topic, there are many details and pitfalls. It’s important that you speak with a lawyer as soon as possible to make sure everything is getting processed properly. If you’re injured in a car accident and miss time from work, contact the lawyers at Marcotte Law Firm who will go over all your options and make sure that your claim is handled properly.

Contact Information