Mass Tort Claims

There are many instances where accidents are caused by an employee of state or local government. When that happens, our clients are often curious how that affects their case.

In reality, these claims operate the same way as any other claim. But, there are a few subtle, but important differences.

First, you have to send formal notice of the claim to the government before actually suing them. This must be done within two years of the accident. If you don’t send this notice, the court might dismiss your case.

Second, if you end up having to sue the person who caused your injury, the case gets treated differently in court. This includes things like the case moving slower than normal, and the court not adding interest to a judgment.

If you’ve been injured by the employee of a state or local government, it is important to find an attorney who has experience with the nuances of these claims. At Marcotte Law Firm, we have handled numerous claims against various state and local governments. We know how to get claims handled quickly and effectively.

Contact Information