Experienced · Tenacious · Compassionate
Michael D. Molloy
- Personal Injury – Plaintiff
- General Litigation
- Estate Planning
- Personal Injury Litigation
- Automobile Accidents
- Premises Liability
- Products Liability
- Workers Compensation
Michael Molloy is an Associate at Marcotte Law Firm. He is admitted to practice in the State courts of Massachusetts and Connecticut, as well as in the Federal District Court of Massachusetts and the United States Tax Court. Mike's practice focuses on Personal Injury Litigation, which includes Automobile Accidents, Premises Liability, Products Liability, and Workers Compensation. Mr. Molloy's clients include a range of injured individuals, from those who have suffered strains and sprains related to soft tissue injuries and low impact collisions to those with catastrophic injuries. In his practice, Mr. Molloy has tried multiple civil jury cases to verdict.
In his tenure at Marcotte Law Firm, Mr. Molloy has achieved outstanding results for his clients by refusing to bend to the wishes of insurance companies. For example, he obtained a six figure recovery for a motorcyclist with multiple serious fractures. More importantly, Mr. Molloy negotiated a 90% lien reduction from an ERISA health insurance company by arguing a unique position on the ERISA policy wording. This preserved over $33,000.00 for his client.
Mr. Molloy obtained another six figure recovery for a client who suffered a severe crush injury to her leg. Even though she had left her workplace, Mr. Molloy was able to secure Workers Compensation benefits for his client, making sure that she was able to provide for her family. At the same time, after an insurance company denied his client's claim, Mr. Molloy fought to recover $95,000.00 to compensate his client for her pain and suffering.
Mr. Molloy has also obtained a $172,000 arbitration award for a client after he rejected the final offer of $40,000.00.
Mr. Molloy has received statewide recognition for his success in representing the injured. In 2015, he received a prestigious "Up & Coming Lawyer" award at the Massachusetts Lawyers Weekly Excellence in the Law celebration. He also has also been voted a Super Lawyers "Rising Star" every year since 2015.
Mr. Molloy is a 2007 graduate of the College of the Holy Cross, a 2010 graduate of the University of Connecticut School Of Law, and a 2012 graduate of Boston University School of Law, where he earned his LL.M. During his time in law school, Mr. Molloy was a certified legal intern at the Connecticut State's Attorney's Office. He also clerked for a Justice of the Connecticut Superior Court.
Mr. Molloy is an active member of many bar associations and other civic groups, and he donates a signification portion of his time to pro bono work. He was elected to serve on the Board of Directors of the Young Lawyers Division of the Massachusetts Bar Association, and also serves on the MBA’s Civil Litigation Section Council. He also serves on the Board of Directors of Greater Lowell Chamber of Commerce, and the Greater Lowell Bar Association. Mr. Molloy is also an active member of the Massachusetts Academy of Trial Attorneys.
- Boston University School of Law, Boston, Massachusetts
- LL.M., Master of Laws - 2012
- Major: Taxation
- University of Connecticut School of Law, Hartford, Connecticut
- J.D. - 2010
- College of the Holy Cross, Worcester, Massachusetts
- B.A. - 2007
- Connecticut, 2010
- Massachusetts, 2010
- U.S. District Court District of Massachusetts, 2011
- U.S. Tax Court, 2011
- Massachusetts Lawyers Weekly Excellence in the Law “Up & Coming Lawyer” 2015
- Super Lawyers Rising Star
- Member of The National Trial Lawyers Top 40 Under 40, 2014
- Avvo Rating of 10/10
Classes & Seminars
- "Finance for Lawyers", Massachusetts Bar Association, 2014 to 2014
- “Practicing With Professionalism”, Massachusetts Bar Association, 2015 to 2015
- American Bar Association
- Massachusetts Bar Association, Young Lawyers Division, Division Board of Directors, 2012 to Present
- Massachusetts Bar Association, Young Lawyers Division, Chair, 2018 to Present
- Massachusetts Bar Association, Young Lawyers Division, Chair-Elect, 2017 to 2018
- Massachusetts Bar Association, Young Lawyers Division, Treasurer, 2016 to 2017
- Massachusetts Bar Association, Young Lawyers Division, Secretary, 2015 to 2016
- Massachusetts Bar Association, Civil Litigation Section, 2016 to Present
- Massachusetts Bar Association, Leadership Academy Graduate, 2017
- Greater Lowell Bar Association, Board of Directors, 2016 to Present
- American Association for Justice
- Massachusetts Academy of Trial Attorneys
- Greater Lowell Chamber of Commerce, Board of Directors, 2012 to Present
- Greater Lowell Chamber of Commerce, Chair, 2014 to 2015
- Greater Lowell Chamber of Commerce, Vice-Chair, 2013 to 2014
Current Employment Position